I can’t even remember anything about New Years Eve, 2012.
Nothing scandalous – I had a new baby and while I’m pretty sure I was awake when the clock struck twelve, it was likely one of many wake-ups that night.
This has been a wonderful year, challenging at times, brilliant and so happy at others. Overall, pretty incredible.
Tonight, I’m drinking some red wine and watching some rented movies. It’s a far cry from the NYE of my past but I don’t mind.
I have a few goals for 2014, aside from the 14 in 2014 challenge that I blogged about previously.
1. Learn how to sew. Once upon a time I knew how to do this, like back in Jr High Home Ec. Call it the Pin.terest effect, but I’d like to try my hand at this again. I’d like to focus on gifts and re-purposing items. I’m looking for inspiration if you have any suggestions…
2. Learn how to use eye makeup brushes. Yes, in the 30-plus years I’ve been on this earth, I’ve never learned. I think the skin around my eyes could use less of a beating from the typical applicators. (I realize how superficial and silly this goal may sound to some, but I’m excited to try!)
3. Wall-sit for 5 minutes. A few weeks ago I held a wall-sit for 2 and a half minutes….I’d like to double that over the course of a year.
4. Shop more at the local farmer’s market in the summer. I get in the habit of shopping at specific stores; instead, I want to start supporting my local farmers more this year.
5. Organize my digital pictures. The number of pictures that I have stored on my phone and computer is ridiculous. I need to wade through them and organize them in a way that allows me to enjoy them for years to come!