There’s something about planning meals for the week that leaves me feeling ready to take on Monday. I also LOVE grocery shopping and hit up several stores on Sunday mornings, so I suppose that helps encourage the planning. This is a different week with the holidays, so we’ll have a little more flexibility on some days.
I tend to not have much variation with breakfast meals due to time, but have been trying lately to make new items. (My old stand-by was typically whole wheat toast and natural peanut butter with a piece of fruit on the side). Last week, I made these Vegan Banana Oatmeal Bites that I found via Pinterest on FitSugar. Two of those plus a piece of fruit was a great source of energy in the AM!
In a similar vein, this week I’m planning to make Broccoli and Cheese Mini Egg Omelets from Skinnytaste. I’ll probably have to make a second batch mid-week so I can share them with the husband, too.
I like to batch cook items for lunches during the week, and supplement with side items such as Greek yogurt and fresh produce. I’ve got some quinoa, farro, and chia seeds in the pantry, and plan to pick up a variety of produce to cook with a mixture of those, black beans, lean meat, and seasonings. I’ll have to keep you posted on what I end up getting with a recipe – often it depends on what type of deals I find and what produce looks the best at the store!
- Monday – Whole Wheat Lasagna Roll-Ups (from Wishful Chef) – I do plan to add some lean ground turkey to the tomato sauce. Spinach and kale salad.
- Tuesday – Christmas Eve – “off” – meal with family that is being prepared by others.
- Wednesday – Christmas – Spinach and Mushroom Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Truffled Wine Sauce (from Cooking Light), crusty whole wheat bread, and sauteed veggies.
- Thursday – Slow Cooker Barbacoa Beef (from Once a Month Meals), minus the peppers since my husband can’t do spicy stuff.
- Friday – Christmas dinner leftovers.
- Saturday – Turkey and Bean Chili.
- Sunday – Salmon burgers, sauteed veggies, and roasted red potatoes.
YUM! I am so excited to go grocery shopping for all of the items I need for this great week ahead.