We’ve had quite a busy couple of weekends lately (our house is/was on the market-sold this week!) and I ran a few races a couple weeks ago. I’ve also been traveling a bit for work and getting home later than normal 1-2 nights per week. Needless to say, our weeknight meals have been a little haphazard and not necessarily “planned.”
I was so excited this weekend that I would be home without major events, which gave me the opportunity to work on my meal prep and try some new recipes. It was a bit challenging at times with a toddler underfoot, but made it work during nap-time and when my husband was home. A few recipes will be thrown together during the week – the night before we will enjoy, so it doesn’t matter if they get put in the oven at 8 p.m. or later.
Meal prep on the weekend always makes me feel so much better about the week ahead. Relaxed, less stressed – one less thing to focus on each day – and it gives me more time to focus on my family and getting in my workouts!
Here is our plan for the week:
Breakfast: Healthy Breakfast Bars (pictured & modified from Lean Green Bean’s Recipe here) plus hard boiled eggs
Lunch: typically consist of salads or leftovers
- Sunday – salmon burgers plus the Summer Vegetable Tian (from Budget Bytes) that I pinned ages ago and finally got around to trying. I needed to be a little heavier on the spices, but it tasted pretty good and was fairly quick to throw together. (I forgot to take a picture – it looked very pretty in the pan!)
- Monday – Slow-Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken (one of my favorites – from Just a Taste)
- Tuesday – Seafood Enchiladas (will make Monday night, new recipe)
- Wednesday – Spaghetti Sauce over Whole Grain Bread
- Thursday – Oven Fajitas (another one from Budget Bytes!)
- Friday – Leftovers or something quick
Did you do any meal prep this weekend? What are your favorite go-to meals on busy nights?